Monday, October 22, 2018

Torche/Horsewhip/Leviathan Cross
Sunday, October 21st 2018
Fubar, St. Petersburg FL

I'm working on too much right now to do a full review, but I still wanted to word up some brains on last night's Torche, Horsewhip, and Leviathan Cross at Fubar gig.

Leviathan Cross were fantastic, again, with their brand of witch house hard rock.  See the link here for another chance to read about their recent gig with Iron Reagan.

I'm such a hungry vegan I could eat a seitan-assembled horse!  But nobody wants that, so get nourished with the heavy punk-metal of St. Pete's Horsewhip.  They've been on my watch list for ages and I'm really glad to have finally seen them.   There's enough power, violence and volume here to blow your layers away till you look like one of those Stalhorses from Breath of The Wild.

It's not pronounced "Torsch" apparently, which it seems to me puts them in the same category as all those daft boutique American "shoppes."  Still, the live experience of Torche wonderfully translates their thick tuneful sludge cut through with colour, making for absolute trance-inducing beauty.   They're playing every day this week between here and Richmond, and I suggest you go see them if you can!


Image may contain: one or more people and text

No comments:

Post a Comment